quinta-feira, 19 de maio de 2022

My first month in Dublin

The 1st of April I took a plane to the capital of technology, Dublin, without knowing what was going to happen in the next months.




The first weeks were the toughest, as I wasn't used to the weather here. Coming from Galicia I thought I was ready, but turns out I wasn't prepared at all. Here in Ireland, you'll never know what wheather is it going to be today. Is it going to be sunny? Cloudy? Raining? It can happen those three things in the same day!


The 4th of April I arrived at Learnovate. Learnovate is a research company in Trinity College. Here I'm doing a research project about how we can implement a chatbot for the team in Slack using RASA technology.



In this month I've met wonderful people, and did some trips together. Greystones is a seaside town in Wicklow county, it's very beautiful and you can do the Brey to Greystones Walk. Howth is a nice place too, it is also in the seaside and there is a walk that goes around all the fishing village.


Greystones

Greystones

Howth's castle

Howth's cliffs

In Dublin there are lots of parks. The most famous one is the Phoenix Park. We spend one afternoon trying to find the famous deers and we finally did it (althought we almost got fined). One Saturday it was sunny and we went to St Anne's Park. We find out that on Saturdays, they always place a local market where you can buy food and vegetables.


Phoenix park

St Anne's Park


Dublin is the perfect place for you if you love hanging out at night, as there are a lots of pubs open. But be careful, there is some pubs in where you have to pay if you don't arrive before certain time.

If you are thinking of doing the Erasmus experience, please don't hesitate because it's worth it. You are going to step out of your comfort zone and experiencing new things, like living by yourself in other country and having to practice another language. Also, you will see lots of new places and will do a lot of turism, don't miss the oportunity! 


1 comentário:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us! Very good article! It brings me nice memories. I want to visit Ireland again.

    ResponderEliminar