quarta-feira, 29 de junho de 2022

My great experience in Dublin

From April to June I stayed in Dublin while I was doing an internship in a tech company. I was nervous at first because it was the first time I was far from home but soon it turned into a wonderful experience.

In these two months I had the opportunity to travel to so many places with the company of Sergio, one of my friends from San Clemente that I met in the trip. Together, we experienced the hustle of the city of London, the natural beauty of The Giant's Causeway in Beltfast and the charm of the streets in Edinburgh.

The Giant's Causeway

Beltfast's Town Hall

Edinburgh's castle

Althought in Learnovate the employees were working online, they sometimes had the time to visit me in the office and chat a little bit. I was able to participate in two workshops, where I could meet them and had a drink afterwards. At the end of my internship, they sent me goodbye letters and even gave me a present that I placed in my room.


Killiney's hill


To end my last report here I'm going to say a few things about this wonderful city:
  • Dublin is expensive. If you have a scolarship that gives you a big amount of money you are fine, but in my case I spent almost two thousand euros only in the accomodation. You should start to search for a place to stay as soon as possible in pages like Daft.ie or Rent.ie.
  • If you have the opportunity to live near the centre I recommend you that you buy a bike. That will give you a lot of freedom. The buses in Dublin are very slow and the bike is the best option. DublinBikes is a great option but if you don't live next to the many places where you can take their bikes, you can search on Facebook Marketplace or Adverts.ie to find a cheap bike to use during those two months and resell it again.
  • Don't forget to join to Erasmus groups in Whatsapp if you are looking to find new people. In my case, I also had to stay one week in an hostel. There I was able to meet new friends to spend my time with them.
  • Do all the tourism you can. One day Sergio ask me if I want to travel to London and it was the best decision we could ever made. Take advantage that you are near UK and make some trips to visit that island. The plane tickets are very cheap!
These two months were so different for me, but I felt so great and with a lot of freedom to do what I feel like doing. I recommend to every person to do an Erasmus. If you are hesitant to do so, just remember it's going to be an experience you'll never forget!

1 comentário:

  1. Congratulations!! You decided to take up this new adventure and you got to do it successfully. Thanks a lot for your article!. You provide very useful information for future interns.

    ResponderEliminar