terça-feira, 14 de setembro de 2021

A retounding success

This summer, I was on a remote internship at Learnovate Centre, I looked very tired and wanted to disconnect but I felt that it was an opportunity that I could not miss, and I was right.

Learnovate Centre is a research centre associated with Trinity College Dublin, with 10 years of industry-led research in learning technology innovation.

I was within the company for two months, in the first one I was researching the functionalities and capabilities of Moodle, while during the second one the company gave me a Moodle development course for free where I learnt about PHP and about the structure of Moodle development, and once finished we had some Solution Workshops where after brainstorming and a constrast of opinions we finally got ideas to base ourselves on to develop a plugin/module. Finally, in the last two weeks, I could develop a prototype and make it work. On the last day, I did a presentation to show the rest of the company my work and it was absolutely a success.

As you can see, the company was completely adapted to remote working and every member is very familiar with all of these tools:

All of our meetings were in Zoom.
To share information, links and to keep in contact out of meetings, we used Slack.

Miro board was very useful to show ideas and planning in a more visual way.

During my internship, I learnt about how to keep focus and stay in touch during remote working, and that contrasting opinions with people from other backgrounds and skills is much more effective and even faster than following one's own intuition.

I recommend everyone to have an experience like this even in times of a pandemic, as it is a very pleasant way to train and learn for the future.

I want to thank Learnovate Centre and (once more) IES San Clemente for trusting me for this project and especially Eva for always being attentive and willing to help. I felt very lucky.


Best!

Alejandro


2 comentários:

  1. It's been a very successful internship. Congratulations!
    Learnovate was really happy with your work, which is also great for our school and for potential future interns.
    Thank-you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I am glad that you were satisfied with this experience. Certainly, it is a formidable opportunity to learn new working methods, you are a good example for other colleagues to take advantage of this scholarship. Congratulations, Alejandro.

    ResponderEliminar