domingo, 9 de dezembro de 2018

Last reflexions

It has been a few days since I came back from London, so my Erasmus is over. It was nice to be back with my family, but at the same time I feel nostalgic about what I have just left behind, things that were part of my life there, such as places where I used to go to (those walks in Kensington gardens in the weekend) or some remarkable people I met there. In short, it closes a stage, a life experience that I will take with me forever.



I would like to mention some of the most curious things that I found during my time in London.



Urban animals

Foxes and squirrels are two of the most abundant animals in London. Squirrels are normally found in parks and are so used to the contact with people that you can be surprised by then climbing up your leg in search of food. As for the foxes, they keep hidden during the day, and come out at night to look for food, even in the most centrical boroughs.



Politeness

It is totally true what is said of English people, they are very educated, especially the professionals who work in contact with the public. It is not rare to be asked "Are you having a nice day?" before being served.



TV license

English people have to pay, as long as they have a TV, an annual fee, the so-call TV license, for the simple fact of having a TV at home. Why? Because public TV, the famous BBC, has no ads, so goverment get funding in that way.



Sun Light

As winter approaches, the daylight hours decrease drastically, so that at the beginning of December at 4 pm is almost dark night. I have to admit that this is something that affected my mood since I had the feeling that I was living in an eternal night.



Multicultural cuisine

In London you can find almost any kind of cuisine from around the world. I tried a vegetarian ramen close to Totenham Court Road that I will never forget. Prices are sometimes surprinsingly affordable. I have had really large, tasteful pizzas for no more than 7.50 pounds.



Before finishing, I would like to give thanks to  IES San Clemente and VassIT for the opportunity I was given to take part in the Eramus.

1 comentário:

  1. Congratulations for having so succesfully finished your internship. In Vassit they were really happy with your work. This way you facilitate that other students from IES San Clemente can go there in the future, which is great.

    ResponderEliminar