sábado, 11 de outubro de 2014

Dublin Overview

Hello, this is my first post here and one of my first posts in general, I would like to start writing in this blog about Dublin and What it means to me. 
But first of all I’m going to introduce myself, my name is Luis and I’m from Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, North-West of Spain. 
I came here two and a half year ago, in March 2012, as an intern in IT as part of the Erasmus +. The initial plan was to spend 10 weeks and go back home to graduate, but after a successful internship period I was offer to stay for a couple of months and see how the company goes. And here I am more than 2 years later working in the same company and living in Dublin.


After this introduction about myself I would like to give you my impressions about Dublin, from my perspective when I arrived and during all this journey of more than two years. I have to tell this is my “first big city”, the largest city I’ve ever lived was a 250k and it was big enough for me, yes I’ve been in larger cities, but never living there for a while. So I looked at the city as a challenge but also as an opportunity to start something new. I also have to say that after this time I don’t consider Dublin a large city, when you live here it is not as big as the numbers tell. And also the type of buildings make the city really affordable and don’t give you sensations of being in a very big city.

I have to say I would recommend Dublin to anyone I know, for a short period of holidays or a little longer stay for a couple of months or just for living. I really like the city and I enjoy every moment I walk through the streets and his parks. I have to tell Dublin and Ireland in general it’s not very different from Galicia, the landscape it is almost the same, very green, a lot of rain, but I have to say it rain less than in Galicia, at least this is what I think.

Dublin has a very easygoing lifestyle and it is not a very busy city, so you don’t get stress when you go to work or walk through the streets. You can find a lot of different type of people in the streets, from tourists, a lot of tourists, I think Galicia has much to learn from the Irish tourism department, to Dubliners, students or people from all parts or Ireland, I think Dublin is like Madrid in Spain, you can find people from each part of Ireland and abroad.

This people is very friendly, you can have a very nice conversation while you are getting a paint with a person drinking beside you, at the pub the people are really friendly and they have a very good behaviour, ok there are drunk people here too, but mostly they are so use to drink that they behave good.

I would like to finish my first post recommending the city, even if you are young or older the city always have something to offer to you. I will write some other posts about the different parts of the city I like and how to live here, always from my perspective.
Sorry for this long post and see you in the next one.



2 comentários:

  1. Parabéns polo teu primeiro post, Luis :-)
    Encantoume!
    Moitas grazas por compartilo connosco.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Grazas, a ver se escribo polomenos un post semanal sobre Dublin ou cousas que poidan servir para futuros estudantes.
    Xa teño preparado o seguinte.

    ResponderEliminar